Please consider the following before requesting a building permit:
Does my project require a building permit?
Permits are required for all new construction, alterations, and remodels. Examples of interior remodels that require permits are listed in the Interior Remodel Permit Policy document. However, since every project has unique parameters, please contact us if you have questions.
Design & Permit Review:
If you answered yes to #1 above, your project must first go through the design and review permit process. Please use the document below to review what is needed to get your project started:
- Mt. Crested Butte Design and Permit Review Punch List
The design review process begins when payment and applications documents are submitted.
Building Permit Review/Issuance
After your design and permit review are approved, which includes a completed building permit application, your building permit is issued.
Schedule Applicable Inspections
After your building permit is issued, you must schedule inspections for the property. This will include town of Mt. CB inspections, electrical, plumbing, fire, and water/sewer.
Final Inspection & Certificate of Occupancy
After you have passed your inspections, you must schedule a final inspection. Once you have passed a final inspection, you will be issued a certificate of occupancy (CO).
- Mt. CB Certificate of Occupancy Checklist (CO)
Clean-up Deposit Refund
After a certificate of occupancy is issued, the following items are typically required prior to refunding the permit clean-up deposit for new construction:
- Schedule an inspection with the town to review landscaping/noxious weeds & job site clean-up
- Provide the town with an Improvement Location Certificate
- Reconciliation of the actual cost of construction vs initial estimate
- Mt. Crested Butte Water and Sanitation District Final Inspection
Looking for additional information regarding your project? Visit our Building Policies/FAQs page.