A safety closure is in place for a bridge on US Highway 50 located west of Gunnison. Visit the Highway 50 Bridge Closure website for more information.


Municipal Court

Mt. Crested Butte Municipal Court is held in the Town Council Chambers at the Mt. Crested Butte Town Hall, located at 911 Gothic Road, on the Wednesdays listed below. Court begins promptly at 9:00 a.m.  The Mt. Crested Butte Municipal Court operates under the leadership of Judge Ben Eden.

The Court Clerk is available Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm at Town Hall. You may also call during business hours at 970-349-6632, ext. 103 or email Court Clerk, Tiffany O'Connell

2024 Mt. Crested Butte Municipal Court Schedule

  • January 3, 2024
  • February 7, 2024
  • March 6, 2024
  • April 3, 2024
  • May 1, 2024
  • June 5, 2024 
  • July 3, 2024
  • August 7, 2024
  • September 4, 2024
  • October 2, 2024
  • November 6, 2024
  • December 4, 2024

Note: court dates are subject to change and cancellation. Contact the Court Clerk to verify court dates.

Zoom information to view municipal court:
Meeting ID: 842 5793 1799
Passcode: 727593
Dial by your location
• +1 720 707 2699 US (Denver)
• +1 719 359 4580 US
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kAFmjP3RU

If you are a defendant you MUST contact the municipal court clerk and ask permission to appear via zoom.  The Judge prefers all defendants to appear in person.  As a defendant you cannot appear via zoom without getting permission from the Court Clerk prior to your court appearance.  You must provide at least 24 hours notice, preferably more, and be given permission to appear via zoom.

Paying Your Fines
All fines imposed by the Municipal Court are to be paid at Town Hall or mailed to P.O. Box 5800, Mt. Crested Butte, CO 81225. You may also pay online here.

Anyone may contest a citation in Municipal Court. To do so, you must appear in court on the court date noted on your citation. A summons to court requires an appearance on the designated court date. If you cannot appear on this date, please contact the Court Clerk to inquire about rescheduling your court date. If you are living out of the area, in most instances, you can make arrangements to appear via zoom.

Bench Warrants
If you receive a citation and are summoned to appear in court, and fail to appear on your designated court date, a bench warrant will likely be issued for your arrest. It is very important to call the court in advance if you are unable to appear.

Court Procedures

Traffic Tickets

If you have received a traffic ticket from a Mt. Crested Butte Police Officer, you need to do one the following:

  1. Mail your check to the address circled on the back of your ticket. 
    • If your payment is received within 20 days of the date the ticket was issued your penalty points will be reduced in half. If Town or the State/DMV receives your payment after 20 days, there will be no point reduction. If you are unsure if you need to mail your payment to the Town or the State/DMV please contact the Court Clerk for assistance.
  2. If you wish to contest your ticket, please contact the Court Clerk to discuss the process.
Parking Tickets

Other than within the Pitchfork Subdivision, there is no parking on any street in Mt. Crested Butte.

If you have received a Mt. Crested Butte parking ticket, you need to do one of the following.

1. Mail your check the to the Town of Mt. Crested Butte, PO Box 5800, Mt. Crested Butte, CO 81225 or pay online.

2. If you wish to contest your parking ticket appear in Court at 9:00 A.M. on the date listed on your parking ticket.  If you do not live in Gunnison County you may appear via zoom but you MUST contact the Court Clerk well in advance of your court date.


If you have received a ticket from a Mt. Crested Butte Police Officer and there is no fine listed, you will have to appear in Court on the date and location listed on the ticket. Please be aware that the Mt. Crested Butte Police Officers will write tickets into the Mt. Crested Butte Municipal Court and Gunnison County Court. Your ticket will include your court appearance location. If you are unsure, please contact the Court Clerk.