WHAT IS A MASTER PLAN?
A master plan is an advisory document that guides decision-making for a community to achieve its vision and goals.
The plan will help guide town staff, elected officials, and the overall community on important future decisions for Mt. Crested Butte through the use of action-oriented policies, programs, and projects. This action-oriented plan will provide strategies for Mt. Crested Butte to achieve the community’s goals regarding economic development, future land use, recreation and tourism, and public services for the next 10-15 years.
The master plan will complement the STRATEGIC PLAN created by town council in April 2021, which has the following guiding principles:
- Leads collaboration across the valley
- Promotes environmental stewardship
- Plans for responsible and intentional growth
- Balances full-time resident, part-time resident, and tourist needs
- Supports recreational and cultural opportunities accessible for all
- Maintains a fiscally responsible government
- June 2021 – October 2021: Public Engagement, Land Use Planning, Draft Master Plan Concepts
- November 2021 – December 2021: Regional Impact Identification and Collaboration
- January 2022 – February 2022: Technical Studies: traffic, water, and economic impact
- March 2022 – April 2022: Final Master Plan and Phase One Implementation Plan
- February 15: Joint Town Council/Planning Commission Work Session
- March 15: Joint Town Council/Planning Commission Work Session
- April 5: Town Council Discussion
WAYS TO ENGAGE
- Attend Town Council Meetings: Click here for the schedule
- Email Carlos Velado, Community Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org