The Building Division is responsible for administering the town's building codes through the permitting process and ensuring construction in Mt. CB meets the highest safety standards.
Building functions within the department include the implementation and enforcement of all laws, ordinances, and codes that govern development within town limits. A primary function of the department, especially during this high growth period, is the preparation of all building design reviews for Planning Commission consideration and the review of any proposed development within the Downtown Development Authority (DDA) District to ensure compliance with the DDA.
Review the following for additional information:
Adopted Building Codes
The town of Mt. Crested Butte has adopted the following code versions. Please refer to Chapter 6 of the Town Code for all adoptions and amendments.
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2015 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Existing Building Code
The State of Colorado is responsible for reviewing and inspecting electrical and plumbing. Please contact the State of Colorado to determine the following code editions:
- National Electrical Code
- International Plumbing Code
Town of Mt. Crested Butte Design Criteria