Noxious weeds are non-native, highly invasive plants that drive out native vegetation. Noxious weeds create monocultures that degrade healthy native habitats, eliminate forage for wildlife and reduce property values.
Each year, the Town of Mt. CB evaluates public and private property, developing management plans to control and eradicate invasive species. If you would like assistance with identifying noxious weeds and management strategies, the Town offers free on-site consultations throughout the summer. We encourage you to take advantage of free property evaluations, offered by knowledgeable town staff who can provide professional opinions on noxious weeds and help you comply with the town’s Noxious Weed Ordinance.
Weed Advisory Board
The Mt. CB Weed Advisory Board consist of 5 members that are appointed by the Town Council to advise on matters of noxious weed program direction. The next scheduled meeting is on Tuesday, July 5th at 11:00 AM at 911 Gothic Rd, Mt. Crested Butte in the Council Chambers. The meeting agenda is located at the bottom of this page.
Noxious Weeds Identification
Use the pictures below to help identify what weeds you are needing to address on your property. Select the image and or name to view additional details regarding that specific species. Here you can review the latest Town of Mt. CB Weed Management Plan. Detailed information about these and other plants can be found on the Colorado Department of Agriculture's Noxious Weed List.
Request Free On-Site Consultation
If you would like assistance with identifying noxious weeds and management strategies, the Town offers free on-site consultations throughout the summer.
You can contact the County or the Town to request a site visit:
- Jason Evanko: JEvanko@gunnisoncounty.org or (970) 641-0653
- Tim Roybal: Troybal@mtcb.colorado.us or (970) 349-6632
Report a Property
Have you been diligently caring for your property and managing your noxious weeds, but you spot another property that has not? Please contact Leah firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 349-6632, ext. 105.
Herbicide applications are targeted to specific plants when they are most vulnerable within their growth cycle. Three primary applications will occur throughout the growing season, one in late June, one in mid-August, and final treatment in September.
- Commercial Licensed Applicators & Lawn Care Providers
Licensed Herbicide Applicators
- Native Landscapes: (970) 903-0166
- Scott Resource Management Specialists, LLC: (970) 901-8498
- Green Way Pro Chem Lawn Inc.: (970) 964-4610
- J. Dot Weed Control: (970) 641-3398
Mt. Crested Butte Lawn Care & Landscaping
- Alpengardener: (970) 349-0252
- Alpine Landscapes: (970) 209-8335
- Crested Butte Lawn and Garden: (970) 417-7557
- Integrity Seasonal Landscaping: (970) 417-7030
- Keep It Green Landscaping and Design: (970) 275-6947
- MacMillan Lawn Care: (970) 596-7303
- Modern Environment Colorado: (970) 825-3713
- Mountain Gardens: (970) 275-3155
- Never Summer Landscape: (970) 349-1327
- Rocky Mountain Trees & Landscaping: (970) 349-6361
- Spring Creek Landscape Company: (970) 209-4918
This list was last updated in April 2022. If you’d like to be added or taken off the list, please contact the Town.
- Helpful Links
For more information on Noxious Weeds, why we manage them, and their impact on Colorado, please visit the following links: