Paid Horticulture Internship - Town of Mt. CB - Parks Department
The Town of Mt Crested Butte is hiring a horticulture internship for the summer of 2022. This opportunity is aimed at providing students with field experience and education in park development, installation, and maintenance of various garden projects with an emphasis on xeric, native plant species, and conservation.
Interns will be required to work 20 hours a week with the option to work more hours if desired. The internship will span over the course of 8 to 10 weeks depending on the intern’s schedule. This is paid position at $15/hr. and the Town will work with your higher-education institution on receiving credits. College-level Juniors and Seniors are preferred but not required. For more information, see the job description linked below. There are no benefits offered with this position, other than sick time earned at 1 hour per every 30 hours worked.
Town Benefits for full time, year around positions.
- Paid health, vision, and dental premiums for you and your family (for 2 people this equates to approximately $15,000/year)
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement: after you have paid the first $1,000 of your health insurance deductible you will be reimbursed the next $2,000
- The Town pays for life insurance that is paid out at 1 ½ times your salary
- Retirement: Town employees do not contribute to social security. Instead, they contribute 8% to 401(a) account and the Town contributes 10% to their account. Once you have been with the Town for 5 years you will be fully vested.
- 11 to 12 paid holidays (depending on if the year is even or odd)
- Sick Time - You earn one day per month
- Vacation Time - You start earning vacation time right away at one day per month, after your first year you will earn 15 days per year and it goes up from there (and we encourage you to take your vacation days)
Other Town programs you can choose to participate in are:
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA –125)
- Aflac plans for cancer, short-term disability, accident, etc.
- Wellness Program
Tiffany O'Connell, Town Clerk manages the HR department. She can be reached via email at email@example.com or (970) 349-6632, ext.103.