To register to vote in Mt. Crested Butte, go to the Colorado Secretary of State's Website or to the Gunnison County Clerk & Recorder's office located at 221 N. Wisconsin St. in Gunnison during the business hours of Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
You should receive an official voter confirmation letter from the Gunnison County Clerk and Recorder approximately 20 days after completing and returning the voter registration form to the Gunnison County Clerk. If you do not receive this card, please contact the County Clerk.
To register to vote in Gunnison County, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be 16 years of age, but you must be 18 years of age or older on the date of the election at which you intend to vote
- Be a Colorado resident at least 22 days before the election in the jurisdiction at which you intend to vote
In order to register to vote in the State of Colorado you must provide one of the following forms of acceptable identification:
- Valid Colorado driver's license
- Valid Colorado Department of Revenue ID#
- Social Security number (at least the last four digits)